Our Therapists at Lifestyle Physical Therapy are being asked constantly if it is safe to attend Physical Therapy again.
The short answer is….YES!!!! If you can leave your house and get to one of our three clinics safely without putting yourself at an increased risk, then you can absolutely attend Physical Therapy. In addition, if you still don’t feel safe leaving your house, then we have a solution for that as well.
First and foremost, I hope that everyone is remaining safe and healthy during these scary and uncertain times. It appears that our collective hard work, patience, and sacrifice is working and we have flattened the curve, although we still have a long way to go before we can return to some semblance of normalcy. Having said that, it appears that New York City is slowly re-opening and therefore we thought it would be a good time to update you on the status of our clinics and the new protocols we have in place as per the recommendations of the CDC.
1. Anyone entering the clinic must wash their hands immediately upon entry.
2. Non-touch digital thermometer readings will also be encouraged for all patients and therapists upon arrival.
3. Only one patient and one therapist will be allowed in the clinic at any given time to maintain social distancing
4. Masks are worn by both patient and therapist during treatment sessions.
5. Gloves are worn when utilizing commonly used equipment.
6. All equipment and tables are sanitized between patients.
7. Common touchpoint areas including waiting areas, changing areas, coat hooks, and door handles are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
8. We are asking anyone (patient or therapist) exhibiting cold-like symptoms including, but not limited to: cough, fever, fatigue, shortness of breath, body aches/chills, etc, to please stay home.
We are also offering Telehealth therapy from the comfort and safety of your own home. This is also covered by most insurances.
You can visit our website at www.lifestyleptny.com for a more thorough explanation of our new protocols and for more information about our telehealth platforms.
If you want to start Physical Therapy or wish to restart your plan of care, you can feel confident and safe with Lifestyle Physical Therapy. Please contact us so we can schedule a consultation and get you back to full health. We look forward to hearing from you soon and wish everyone the best of health.